Can medication be taken very infrequently during pregnancy

Q: To Whom it may concern,

I am 6 weeks pregnant and i would like to make an enquiry about propranolol. I take 2mg which would be less then quarter of a tablet infrequently about twice a month for presentations at work. would it be safe to take while pregnant ?If i didnt take it my heart would be pounding and hands sweaty i would be stressed. i spoke to a doctor before about this and she said it should be ok.otherwise i am very healthy i exercise and diet is good

Propranolol is a beta blocker and is contraindicated for being used in the first trimester till 14 weeks as it increases the chances of congenital anomalies in the fetus.
If you are so anxiety prone and experience palpitations during presentations then try to use medication or yoga to control your nervous state at least in the first trimester and seek alternative therapies but not propranolol.
It is not advisable. Only drug advised in first trimester is folic acid tab and if required paracetamol for off and on pain relief. Rest all ailments to be handled symptomatically and conservatively just to avoid any form of unknown defect which can be unknowingly caused to the fetus.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,