Can men consume flax seeds?

Patient

Q: Can men consume flax seeds? Currently, i consume 1 tablespoon daily. I read an article about flax seed and it had a sentence "Men should be careful while consuming as the lignans in it are similar to the female hormone estrogen." Should i be concerned that i consume flax seed?

Symptoms:  Not applies.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Flax seed are an excellent source of essential fatty acids, and if consumed in moderate amounts, such as one table spoon per day, there no severe risks to men. Provided you are not allergic, and or not suffering from any serious medical conditions, you can consume flax without any issue.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com