Can mometasone furoate be used on my face?

Q: I had an allergic reaction to my friend's pets(a dog, cat, and rabbit). My body was covered in Hives and my face is red, swollen, itchy and burning. I have mometasone furoate 0.1 ointment for my body, which has gotten rid of the rash and i'm taking prednisone for my face. My face is taking longer to heal and still red and swollen. I am also taking zyrtec in the morning and benadryl at night. Can I use the ointment on my face or is there anything else suggested? my face has begun to peel.

Symptoms:  Allergic Reaction, Hives, Itching, Burning

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called urticaria. It is characterised by red colored itchy transient eruptions over body.
In such cases, I prefer to advise combination of Levocetirizine and montelukast to my patients.
It's better to avoid application of Mometasone furoate on face.
Rather in such cases, I prefer to advise topical calamine lotion on face with a good moisturiser.
Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Take care.