Can muscle spasm stop once the herniated disc is healed?

Patient : Hi, recently I have been diagnose with herniated disc on my S1-L5. I know that herniated disc is related to nervous system (compression?) or similar to that. I have been having muscle twitching and spams, my question is, if my herniated disc is healed or recovering, can the muscle twitching/spasm stop or is it permanent? I am scared.
Symptoms:  At the same time, I have also quit smoking, so I have a mixed symptoms of smoking withdrawal and the herniated disc. So I do not know which of which.