Can my lab results be mixed up at the lab?


Q: Is it possible for my lab results to be wrong? I took a std test january 10, 2011 because i had these symptoms: bright redness on tip of penis, foul penile odor discharge, warm and hot urinations, frequent urinating, and irritating itching at the tip near my urethra. My lymph nodes were swollen during the time but once the syptoms started to disappear my lymph nodes started to go down. These symptoms lasted for about a week and 4 days. I got my test results last friday and my doctor apointment was this past thursday. I tested negative on everythin but hiv. Every chlamydia symptom possible and i tested hiv positive? Someone tell me there had to be an error. My girlfriend who i had been havin unprotected sex for at least 4-5 monthes experienced lower bak pain and light bleeding once after sex, woman symptom to chlamydia, she took a cotton swab hiv test and it was negative. I tested again and she did a blood test and waitin results. What do u think?


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I'm 26 165 lbs fit, uncircumcised and I have some redness that's tingly on the head of my penis. Could it be STD rela...

Q: Hello. I am recently divorced and looking to date again. I also get cold sores (HSV1). My husband was also my first ...

Q: I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker. I had unprotected vaginal sex with my wife ( who...

Q: Hi, I have a friend who is claiming that she received a series of infections after we (accidentally) had unprotected ...

Q: I have blisters on the shaft of my penis? I have had a sti check after the last time I had sex and I had chalmidea bu...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon