Can my wife who is 13 weeks pregnant use pepto

Patient : Can my wife who is 13 weeks pregnant use pepto bismol for an upset stomach
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Pepto Bismol is a salicylate. It used to treat diarrhea, bu t its exact mode of action is not well known. Its category in pregnancy is non specified. So, the effect of pepto bismol on pregnancy is not well known. There may not be any major problems due to it. But please discuss with your doctor before using the medicine and follow her advice. Take care.