Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can pancreatitis cause constipation? I have all the symptoms of

Can pancreatitis cause constipation? I have all the symptoms of

Patient: Can pancreatitis cause constipation? I have all the symptoms of pancreatitis but all the doctors are telling me I am constipated. But I’ve been taking laxatives like skittles. Also, my cycle was late a few days late. Can pancreatitis cause this?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Pancreatitis is not a direct cause of constipation. However, when there is severe infla mmation or infection the gut can get affected and lead to constipation due to altered diet and lack of activity. Pancreatitis can lead to acute stress and can delay the cycles as well. It is recommended that you get an ultra sound done along with a few blood tests and serum amylase to rule out Pancreatitis.Hope this helped.Regards