Can play in in the rain make a kid sick? My

Patient

Q: Can play in in the rain make a kid sick?
My colds father flipped out on me cuz I let our 3 year old play in the rain for a few minutes. It wasn't cold or pouring out. And now I am a bad mother.

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Hi.

I can understand the concern an old man can have for the child who is just 3 years.
It is said the first rains should not he get wet with.
But the later on showers are the most enjoyable and are known to increase the resistance power of the body particularly the respiratory system.
In fact everyone should enjoy getting wet into the rains, including you. Your child will always remember you for this throughout his life that the way Mother played in the rain with him.
Carry on this is the best immunity booster.

Hope this helps