Can Rh Disease effect the second generation?

Q: Hi,

I have a question about Rh disease:

If a baby is born with learning disabilities from Rh Disease, grows up and has a baby of their own, can the learning disabilities get passed on to the next generation?

It seems like the answer would be no since from my understanding, Rh Disease simply breaks down the fetus RBCs, which release Bilirubin that accumulates in the brain, causing brain damage but not DNA damage.

However, my step-grandma's third daughter was affected by Rh disease and the daughter later had two kids of her own. The first kid had light learning disabilities and the second kid has moderate ones.

There was some ADHD on the father's side of the family though. Any light you can shed on the situation would be appreciated.