Can Rifampin be taken with foods?

Patient

Q: I am a diabetic patient also diagnosed with tuberculosis i am 22 years old doctor suggest me to take r-cinex 600 before break fast. i don't skip the medecine but today i forgot to take it before breakfast but i take it after breakfast does it affect the curing process or i have to start all over again please help me sir.

Doctor

A:   Rifampin (R-cinex) is taken on an empty stomach, 1-2 hours before food because food consumption hampers the absorption of the drug from the intestines. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it, you do not need to restart the medication or take a double dose. Consult your doctor if you've missed more that one dose. It is important not to miss a dose because this make the bacteria resistant to the drug.