Can rubbing alcohol burn the skin of your lips and

Q: Can rubbing alcohol burn the skin of your lips and cause it to swell? I recently used a paper towel dabbed with rubbing alcohol on my lips because it looked like I was having an allergic reaction. The bumps felt like sand paper almost. I decided to use alcohol and put it in between my top and bottom lip where the fine bumps were. About 10 to 15 mins later I took it out and the right side of my lips were slightly swollen. The next day I woke up and they were really swollen. Later I used peroxide the same way and of course it swole up even more. Could the alcohol and peroxide cause the swelling? I tried to describe what I did to a nurse over the phone, but she told me it was most likely a cold sore.

Symptoms:  A little tingling after I used alcohol and peroxide.