Can same antibiotic be used for recurring strep?

Q: My doctor put me on 7 days of Clindamycin for strep. 300mg twice a day. I took it all and changed out my toothbrushes. The strep is back now a week later. Can they give me Clindamycin again for a longer period of time? It had few side effects so was easy to take. I will be going to my doctor tomorrow and will ask for this antibiotic again if it will work rather than be put on something else that may not work and could cause months of further illness and treatment.

Symptoms:  Strep symptoms: Swollen tonsils and white coating. Pain in throat, weakness, aches, tiredness.