Can sexual activity(not sex) cause a change in hormones and

Patient

Q: Can sexual activity(not sex) cause a change in hormones and make you have symptoms of pregnancy even though your aren't preganant?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Yes, it can cause changes in hormones, in spite of actual sexual activity.
You can get changes of pregnancy and is called as
Pseudocyesis: Means there is no actual pregnancy but the patient gets all the signs and symptoms. This is confirmed by a negative ultrasonography. He patient who has the extreme desire of having Motherhood again develops this sort of a problem. No one really knows the reason and the exact mechanism by which this happens. Consult your Senior Gynecologist who has seen such more cases for counselling and further management.

Hope this helps.