Can taking panadol or similar tablets effect would-be pregnant mothers?

Patient : Hi there, My wife is trying to get pregnant. We have been trying for a month now. Recently she got her period which shouldn't have happended if she was pregnant. A week ago she was very upset after an argument and took about 10 capsules(similar to panadol) for headache. My question is could this be the reason she didn't fall pregnant this time. She also complained of a lot of blood coming out during this period and some clots of blood as well. I would really appreciate your answer. Thank in advance. Anu.