Can taking spironolactone cause false-negative home pregnanc

Patient : Can taking spironolactone cause false-negative home pregnancy test results?
Symptoms:  Swollen breasts, cramps, back aches.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for trusting us about your health care. I can understand your concern here. The spironolactone is a diuretic means it can remove excess water from your body through urine. So urine volume is more and hcg level can be low (due to dilution of urine). So it may give false positive result. But it can not change hcg levels or so. (which you can see during pregnancy test). Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions. Good luck. Regards

Patient: How long does Spironolactone take to leave the body?

Should I not take it for a couple days in order to ensure the HPT I take is accurate?
Doctor: Hello dear,

Its plasma half life is 7-14 hrs.but it effects persist for 24 hrs.
So better to stop it 3-4 days before the test but before stopping please consult your treating doctor for the same.
Hope it is useful.
Good luck.