Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can the pin in my broken foot be moved?

Can the pin in my broken foot be moved?

Patient: Can the pin in my broken foot be moved?I just had an operation on my 5th metatarsal and had a pin and wires added to fix the bone and I just got out of hospital yesterday. I have stupidly fell on the foot day and was wonderibg how secure these pins are. I have a hospital appointment the day after tomorrow, so I can check then if the pin has moved. But I’m terrified I may need another operation if the pin has moved due to the fall. I’m in a lot of pain, but not sure if it’s just because of the operation. I have on a cast to my knee and I’m not allowed to put any weight on foot.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These pin s are unlikely to move. The pain can be from the operation. However, it can be seen by an x-ray. Hope your query got answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.