Can these vitamins be taken together?

Patient

Q: Is it ok to take d3 (400iu) B12 (500mg) iron (65mg) Synthroid (50mcg) and sertraline (100mg) all together?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your questions. Vitamins, Minerals, and other medications, such as Iron, will interfere with the absorption of synthroid. It is recommend that you take your other medications and vitamins at least 2 hours after taking synthroid. As a general rule of thumb, you can take synthroid as soon as you awake and then about 2 hours later, you can go ahead and take the rest of your medications.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com