Can this be an early sign of an ectopic pregnancy

Patient : Hi, recently a few days ago I've been waking up in the middle of the night with the extreme urge to urinate. Then I saw a little strain of blood in my urine. It is now day 3 and the blood has disappeared. I took a pregnancy test cause I felt a little uneasy and both tests came up positive. I am really stressed because the pain is ongoing with the pressure to urine. Can this be an early sign of an ectopic pregnancy? Or is something else going on and could the pregnancy test have been a false result of that?
Symptoms:  Frequent urination, pelvic pressure, vaginal pain, blood in urine
Doctor :   Hello. Thanks for the query. If your two pregnancy tests are positive, then you are likely to be pregnant and the in creased frequency of urination is a sign of early pregnancy in itself. The blood which you saw mixed with urine per se need not be from the bladder but possibly from cervix or uterus itself which got mixed with urine while urination. Any form of bleeding in early pregnancy is termed as threatened abortion and should be alarming. However, it is better to confirm the pregnancy for sure with a lab-based serum beta hCG test. If the levels of hCG are more than 1 or raised then pregnancy is for sure confirmed and the bleeding is likely to be a treated abortion. It is imperative that an ultrasound pelvis be done to rule out any ectopic pregnancy and signs of treated abortion like presence of subchorionic haemorrhage or retroplacental haemorrhage which can progress to abortion further. If the pregnancy is a desired pregnancy then you should be placed on progestational support and bed rest( till bleeding stops).The ultrasound can safely detect and differentiate between an intra-uterine pregnancy and an ectopic, so transvaginal ultrasound is mandatory in your case. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards