Can this be exercise induced asthma?

Patient

Q: I had asthma as a kid. I had to go into the treatments with the weird machine that would let out some smoke. That was back in Venezuela however. Ever since then I thought I was cured. That was what everybody told me. Nonetheless, we I came here I learned that there is no cure for asthma. I did swimming early this year and I'm now trying to do water polo and track. However, I loss my breath much of the time. Much of the time I end up no running faster nor swimming faster because of lack of breath. Is there any possibility that it is related to asthma?

Symptoms:  Lack of breath, pain right below my chest and above my stomach. Coughing
Doctor