x
151 Physicians Online

Question:

Can too much oxygen cause bad headaches?

My dad is on oxygen for most ofthe day and uses it all night too. Can oxygen cause headaches? He complains about his "head coming off" sometimes and says the heacdaches are "sinus headaches". Can the headaches be from so much oxygen use? Thank you!

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

Increased oxygen can definitely lead to symptoms such as headaches, confusion, increased sleepiness. However, these headaches could also be due to migraines, sinus infection. I would definitely advise that your dad see his physician for a complete evaluation of his symptoms before changing the liter flow of oxygen.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.