Can UTI symptoms happen a day after fertilization? Or does

Patient

Q: Can UTI symptoms happen a day after fertilization? Or does it have to be atleast more than a day to show as a early pregnancy sign? When after fertilization is Urinanry track infections common in pregnant women?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.

There is generally no reason why UTI should be occurring in pregnancy unless hygiene is not practiced. Generally early pregnancy symptoms are seen by 4 weeks of pregnancy and one can start feeling increased frequency and urgency along with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting and often headache, mild lower abdominal ache.
To prevent UTI in pregnancy, water intake has to be kept high and local hygiene has to be practiced.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,