Can vomit be caused by an anti acar spray?

Patient: My two and a half year old son is allergic, apparently to dust. I used a spray today on his matress and on his carpet called Acar Klean. I sprayed it in the morning at 8:30 am and let it air till 3:00 pm. At night I made his bed and around 9:30 he went to sleep. He had a hard time sleeping and at 11, he puked. No more symptoms than that. I’m scared, in the instructions it said that it’s not toxic and that it needed to air for 3 to 4 hours. Should I take him to the emergency room? Could the vomit be due to the spray?

Symptoms: Vomiting

Doctor: Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor.These sprays can cause allergic sensations leading to sneezing and also can cause Nau sea and Vomiting.If they are nontoxic that doesn’t mean that they won’t cause any irritation inside the body.Most probably your child had got vomiting due to nausea caused by the spray.Also, correlate things with his previous state. If he was absolutely normal before exposure to the spray then, most probably spray is the culprit.I would advise you to move him to another room and if possible in an open area so that that he can breathe normally.If he vomits again, or you see any breathing difficulty or hear wheezes, you should take him to Emergency Room.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.