Can weed lower sex drive? Im 15 year old Im

Patient

Q: Can weed lower sex drive? Im 15 year old Im normally really easily excited, but I've been smoking weed every day multiple times a day for the past few months. The last month or so i lost almost all my sex drive. Usually i could look at a girls body even in cloths and get excited now i just look and feel nothing. I can still masterbate but now its more of the feeling than the attraction of the girl, and it takes longer because it won't stay up. I don't know what to do because i love smoking it helps with my anxiety.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Yes, this could be due to 2 reasons. Opioids can cause sedation and increase the perception of time. You feel as if time is going slowly. Because of this, it is possible to get some of the side effects of ED.

Also, sometimes weed has metallic toxins present. The metals can cause damage to the body and cause ED. I recommend that you stop taking weed if the problem persists. Or see a Doctor.

All the best.