Can you get a regular/clotty period and still be pregnant?

Patient : Can you get heavy periods and still be pregnant? Last month my period was normal, but on the first day I passed a huge golfball sized clot along with a bunch of smaller clots. I passed lots of clots but my bleeding got lighter as the period went on. Before that I also had a heavy period but a doctor advised I take a pregnancy test since it was 2 days late that month. I suppose if I was pregnant, I would be in my 5th or 6th week now. I've been nauseous for the last couple of days. My breasts are actually smaller than they were, so I'm not sure.
Symptoms:  Last month i had symptoms of being pregnant but they went away after i got my period. now i am getting nausea