Can you get herpes if you and you partner has it

Patient

Q: Can you get herpise if you and you partner have it on and on meds for that if one has an out break what would happen if you had sex

Doctor

If both the partners are infected, there is always a possibility to contract the herpes from each other even at sexual intercourse. It depends on the immunity, whether a person will get a recurrent attack and an outbreak. In case your body is immune to it and can fight back the virus, you may not get a recurrent attack compared to your partner. Do not stop your medications at any cost.

Hope this helped.