Can you get pregnant a week after you stop birth control

Patient : Can you get pregnant if your girlfriend quite her birth control 7 to 8 days ago?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. There is a possibility of getting pregnant on stopping birth control pills a week earlier .Also, one can get pregnant even when taking them.It is ideal that you may wish you rule out pregnancy, by a beta hcg blood test which can give results accurately when done from day 25 of the cycle.Do consult a gynecologist for interpretation and further guidance. Hope this helped Regards.