Can you get pregnant having unprotected sex while on birth

Patient : Can you get pregnant having unprotected sex while on birth control
Doctor :   Hello. Thanks for the query. The chance of pregnancy is around 0.5 % only, which is very less, when one has unprotec ted sex on birth control if you have been taking them regularly every month.If you have just started it for the first time, you should use a backup like condom for first 7 days on the pill. Any missed pill can lead to failure if not supplement with immediate pills accordingly. Hope this helped. Regards