Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can you get pregnant once you stop using the Ortho Evra patch?

Can you get pregnant once you stop using the Ortho Evra patch?

Patient: I’ve been on Ortho evra patch for 10yrs now due to a cystic ovary which was removed. The hormones in the patch were to make up for the missing hormones from the removed ovary. I haven’t had any major issues with being on patch for so long except sometimes I would gwr spotting which is a side effect of the patch. My question is if I can get pregnant if I stop using the patch? I have been getting regular 28 cycle periods mt whole life with and without the patch. Ive had normal cycle before patch and while on it. What happens to people with my conditions?

Doctor: If the other ovary is healthy and functional you will not suffer any hormonal deficiency and you can become pregnant wit h one healthy ovary and without the patch. So good luck.