Can you get spotting two weeks after conceiving?

Patient

Q: My period ended 2 weeks ago and I had unprotected sex near the end of my period and the day after it ended now I'm having slight blrownish bleeding with mild cramps but my period shouldn't be for 1 more week

Doctor

A:   Bleeding in between periods may be caused by in conditions like hormonal changes, stress, infections or masses in reproductive organs, ovulation, pregnancy or miscarriage. The first step is to do a pregnancy test to determine whether you are pregnant or not. Bleeding in between periods is usually not a cause of concern and rarely does it become worse. I would advise that you observe your symptoms and visit your gynecologist/doctor if your bleeding worsens or you develop severe pain abdomen and fever.