Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can you get very sick from hepatitis b vaccine?

Can you get very sick from hepatitis b vaccine?

Patient: Can you get very sick from hepatitis b vaccine, ever sine i got the last one ive been so sick liquid diarrhea and throwing up.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.You won’t get sick from Hepatitis B vaccination if the v accine used was not expired.Very often, you get flu like symptoms and even diarrhea after getting vaccinated. This usually improves with in 2-3 days.If this persists then this might be due to some co-incidental infection.You would require to see your doctor in case, it persists.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy