Can you hurt your back at a young age and not feel it till years later

Q: As a child while playing ( hanging upside down) on the monkey bars I fell and hurt my back. It even winded me, but after I was fine. Never thought of it again. Then at 15 while monitoring my 2 year old brother in the tub I dropped the phone on the floor. I bent down to get it but when I tried to get up I got this horrible pain on my lower back. I tried to sit back down and it hurt stand I couldn't stand straight because of the pain ultimately my dad had to carry me out the bathroom cause I couldn't even stand. I've read online about disc herniation and wonder if that's what I have. am 22 now and have a one year old son and while pregnant I would have episodes. When I asked the doctor she said it was normal. Now whenever i bend down and get back i have back pain. As well as when i lay down but that only lasts a couple of seconds. Could I have a herniated disc? (Sorry for the long story)

Symptoms:  Lower back ache