Can your period cause fluid to build up in your

Patient : Can your period cause fluid to build up in your uterus?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Menstruation is a natural phenomenon where there is a collection of menstrual blood in the uterine cavity which is the endometrium that is shed and it is thrown off through the vagina to the outer environment for a few days. After menses, the uterine cavity is clean and new endometrial lining starts to grow. There is unlikely for fluid to accumulate in the uterus due to a period or after a period. Hope this helped. Regards