Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Cannot get an erection

Cannot get an erection

Patient: I just cannot get an erection even if I try Viagra and other pills available. sometimes it will only go halfway but not for long then it will retract again. any solution

Symptoms: sexually aroused but no erection

Doctor: We have noted your concern. However, not getting erection needs detail evaluation. Whether it was alright earlier and if so since how long? Keeping your age in mind it is necessary to rule out depression, diabetes, hypertension, smoking, alcohol etc. So it is important that you meet your family physician or the specialist.Regarding Viagra, there are some steps to be taken by you. Because the Viagra at a particular level, it is necessary that you have less anxiety, no undue anticipation and spend enough time arousing yourself or by your partner to get things going. This is very important. Confidence helps you overcome problems.