Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Can’t afford to see my OBGYN right now

Can’t afford to see my OBGYN right now

Patient: I’m not sure if I am pregnant or not. I had a baby 2 years ago, and my period started becoming irregular and very strange. My OBGYN put me on a medicine to fix that problem, but it stopped working after March of this year. I haven’t had a period since then, but I also have no indications of pregnancy except of my stomach area becoming firmer and I can feel little flutters in that area. I can’t afford to see my OBGYN right now, so I was just wondering if I could get an insight on this situation.

Doctor: Your title asks the question if you are pregnant and you mention that it is financially difficult for you to visit the d octor.Fortunately, home pregnancy tests are readily available and affordable.  They are also considered to be very accurate when the directions on the packaging are followed.I suggest you do a home pregnancy test today to address your concerns.If the pregancy test is negative, then a visit to the doctor would be required to work up your symptoms.

View all posts