Can't control my bladder

Q: Hi i have had this problem for a very long time now but im to embrassed to speak to my male doctor about this. Well i from the age of 13 i always had bladder infections it got really bad and was haveing them everyday i still get the odd one but for 2 years now i cant control my bladder, i wet myself every time i need the toilet i try get there fast but i cant control it i cant really get out the house because i end up wetting myself i have done pelvic floor exercise's since i was 13 but nothing helps is there something wrong with my kidney's?

A:   There seems to be a problem with the bladder sphincter muscle. The sphincter is under voluntary control and prevents urine from leaking out. You seem to have some bladder sphincter dysfunction and require investigation by a urologist who has special expertise in this area. Extensive investigations will be required to confirm the diagnosis and plan effective treatment.