Can't feel my hands after waking up (sometimes)

Q: Hello, I've had this for a while but I didn't think it was significant. But I guess it's better to ask anyway.

Every once in a while (I guess around 10% of the times) when I wake up in the morning, I can't feel my hands AT ALL. Neither can I move them. It's as if they're not there at all. I then have to wait a while, like a minute, until I regain control and then everything is fine. Today, for example, I woke up, couldn't feel my hand but wanted to get to a more comfortable position, so I accidentally smacked my hand against the wall and couldn't feel anything. Once I started feeling my hand again, the pain of hitting the wall was just about to go away.

Now I'm assuming this has to do with me sleeping on my hand so the blood doesn't get there or something, but my question is, is this actually dangerous? Should I do anything about it?

I am male, 17 years old.