Can't hold my urine - Urinary Incontinence

Patient

Q: I'm a 48 year old male the question I have is why can't i hold my urine, If i don't use the bathroom after I feel I have to go I will urine on my self can't hold it what is wrong with me ?

Doctor

A:   Urinary incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine which may cause sever distress to a patient. There are various risk factors that predisposes to urinary incontinence. Lower back injury, high impact physical activities, diabetes, stroke, depression, fecal and genitourinary surgery could all cause urinary incontinence. I have noted that in your history you've mentioned of having had a stroke 10 years ago. However, I would suggest that you see a doctor, preferably a urologist for a complete blood work-up, imaging studies and cystoscopy to determine the cause of incontinence. Treatment will depend on the cause. I hope the information helps, take care.