x
Browse
151 Physicians Online

Question:

Can't hold my urine - Urinary Incontinence

I'm a 48 year old male the question I have is why can't i hold my urine, If i don't use the bathroom after I feel I have to go I will urine on my self can't hold it what is wrong with me ?

Answer:

Urinary incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine which may cause sever distress to a patient. There are various risk factors that predisposes to urinary incontinence. Lower back injury, high impact physical activities, diabetes, stroke, depression, fecal and genitourinary surgery could all cause urinary incontinence. I have noted that in your history you've mentioned of having had a stroke 10 years ago. However, I would suggest that you see a doctor, preferably a urologist for a complete blood work-up, imaging studies and cystoscopy to determine the cause of incontinence. Treatment will depend on the cause. I hope the information helps, take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA