Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can’t Move without being out of breath

Can’t Move without being out of breath

Patient: So besides the obvious; seeing a doctor what should I do?

Symptoms: First few weeks I had a cold, then it went to an occasional cough, then to a cough that kept me up at night then back to an occasional cough except when I start coughing I can’t stop, now severe back pain to the point that I can’t move

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Shortness of breath could be indicative of a life threatening serious problem. We strongly recommend that you consult a physician for this to be examined and have the appropriate tests performed. We recommend that you do not operate any heavy machinery or over exert yourself until you see a doctor and the source of your problem is found.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com