Car crash pain meds not helping

Patient : I got in a bad car accident. Otc meds not helping. What should I do?
Car crash pain meds not hel...-1 Car crash pain meds not hel...-2 Car crash pain meds not hel...-3
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. You indeed have sustained a lot of soft tissue contusions (bruises) from this car accident. If you have not been examined by a doctor as yet and have x rays performed to rule out any fractures of your ribs, we recommend that you do so immediately. You may need to be prescribed prescription analgesic medication to treat your pain while you heal. Fractured ribs can be very painful and not respond to over the counter analgesic medication. Please seek medical attention immediately. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon