Caruncles and fordyce spots?

Patient

Q: Background
July 10 2013 symptom was painful penetration during sex-noticed a skin tag on opening of vagina. Was tested for stds negative. Dr says looks like skin tag. was treated for vaginal bacteria infection symptom went away.

Dec 02 2013 symptom was painful penetration during sex-noticed a skin tag on opening of vagina. Again dr says its nothing of concern. was treated for vaginal bacteria infection symptom went away.

December 30 2013 symptom of painful urination, feels like have to go. Painful intercourse. Was negative for bladder infection. Treated for another bacteria infection. When symptoms got better the skin tag on inside opening of vagina reappeared. Painful penetration during intercourse

Started to do online research and found caruncles and fordyce's spots. What are your thoughts?

Image is not mine. I found online looks almost identical.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this lesion could in fact an infected abscess. Caruncles in the genital area usually occur near the urethral meatus. Fordyce spots are enlarged sebaceous glands which are usually painless in nature. We believe that this requires further examination. The fact that you are having recurring infections and pain during sexual intercourse, we recommend that you follow up with your doctor in order to determine if this abscess requires treatment with antibiotic treatment.

AskTheDoctor.com wishes you a speedy recovery.