Cause of Bloating & Swelling in Abdomen

Patient: Been bloated for awhile now. Took two pregnancy tests, came out negative and had my period but last month it came 4 days early, should I be worried? Also there is a small swelling near my pelvic area.

Symptoms: Bloating, back pains, always full

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Few days variation in the length of menstrual cycle is common .Menstrual cycle with length of 21 to 35 days should be considered as normal only.As two urine pregnancy tests gave negative results, the possibility of pregnancy is less.In early weeks of pregnancy uterus remains as pelvic organ.Only after 12 weeks uterus can be palpated abdominally.So, the swelling you are mentioned may not be due to uterine enlargement.If you are still having doubt regarding pregnancy, you can choose blood test for pregnancy which can give more accurate result.Take care.