Hematuria/ Blood in the urine can be occur due to the following causes
1) Urinary tract infection- Characterised by cloudy and foul smelling urine, burning on urination
2) prostrate problem ( Cancer or Hyperplasia- enlarged prostate)- charaterised by increased frequency and urgency, incomplete voiding and dribbline
3) Bladder cancer
4) Medications and diet- like beets, rifampin
5) Blood disorders or anticoagulants
5) Renal stones: Usually painfull
You will need to get your urine tested along with further investigations for your prostate . I would advice you to make an appointment with your GP.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.