Causes and treatment of gynecomastia in Men

Patient : I have a small complex..... I am 43years old man, and I have small breasts . So embarrass to take a shirts off in front of people. Is any hormone shot or pill to make them disappear ....??
Doctor :   We first need to find out the cause of the gynecomastia ( enlarged breasts). It can vary from obesity to alcoholic liver disease to some hormonal problems and imbalance. There is no shot or pill that can reduce them instantaneously however if the cause that is leading to it is corrected and treated then they will regress automatically.  I hope this helps.

Related Q&A

Q: Husband is 43 years old and has been on prograf and cellcept for last 7 years due to heart transplant. Levels of prog...

Q: I have an unstable spondylolisthesis. Over the last year and a half I have been hitting the bottle pretty hard to de...

Q: I had a PET scan and the results are in but my doctor is on vacation. Can you help?

Q: Two weeks ago I have a large ulcer on my right tonsil, it has since healed and can no longer be seen. I religiously r...

Q: My son has pyogenic granulomas can you tell me what it is please it's on the middle of his chest it's always bleeding...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon