x
193 Physicians Online

Question:

Causes of abnormal thickening of the distal esophagus.

What is....abnormal thickening with heterogeneous enhancement of the distal esophagus mean

Answer:

Abnormal thickening of the distal esophagus might be caused by different conditions that develop inflammation of the surface of the esophagus.
Some entities that could have caused this are related to esophageal reflux. On the other hand certain tumors might also present with the same description, therefore I would suggest you to rule out the exact diagnosis by following your Gastroenterologist recommendations. A biopsy might probably be needed. I hope I cleared your doubt.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA