x
186 Physicians Online

Question:

Causes of dizziness

I have had a few experiences with equilibrium problems. It kind of feels like sinus pressure, and sometimes when I bend over to pick up something it feels like all the blood in my body rushes into my head. Feels like its going to burst. Then from time to time, I get this "sensation" and my head swirls. It has happened while driving before, and that scares me. And I get headaches from time to time. I was thinking about seeing a doctor for it, but not sure who to go to. Would appreciate your opinion.

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

There are many conditions that have dizziness as a symptom.  I note in your medical history that you have mitral valve prolapsed and heart palpitations. These conditions can cause lightheadedness which can easily be confused with dizziness.  I think you should see your family physician and have an ECG done to rule out a potential dangerous heart rhythm.
Other causes of dizziness include Meniere’s disease, infections of the middle ear, some medications, Migraines, diabetes and some brain tumors.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA