Causes of Foot pain and management?

Patient

Q: What is the possible cause of pain on the bottom of the left foot near the outside bone area between the toes and heel?

Doctor

A:   Pain the the foot may be caused due to tendinitis, a calcaneal spur, plantar fasciitis and inflammatory disorders such as arthritis. Usually foot pain is treated with rest, ice, compression bandage and painkillers. If these do not improve your symptoms then you may have to consult your doctor for further investigations like a complete blood count, uric acid levels and x-ray of the foot.