Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Causes of Increased Sweating

Causes of Increased Sweating

Patient: I play a lot of sport and in the last 4 months I have noticed that I sweat a great deal more than I ever use to. My diet, weight, stress level, etc has not changed. My urine is also clear which I know is good but normally it has a bit of yellow to it. And my discharge is of a different odour and quite powerful.

Doctor: There are lots of causes of excessive and increased sweating .Some of them are1)Alcohol and caffeine intake.2) certa in medications like thyroid hormones3)Low blood sugar4) infections5) hyperthyroidism, anxiety etcYou need to evaluate the above mentioned conditions to see which one may pertain to you. Drink more water to compensate for the fluid lost through sweating. You can consult your GP for a complete physical examination if it continues.