x
74 Physicians Online

Question:

Causes of irregular Menstrual Cycle.

Okay, I couldn't find My Category...but it's about my period. I haven't had a period in a month. I'm not pregnant. What's the cause? And how can I get back on track?

Answer:

I can understand your anxiety. Irregular periods are very common in women and there could be several factor leading to it. The main ones are pregnancy, stress, low body weight or anorexia. Since you've mentioned that you are not pregnant, I would advise a period of observation and rule out stress as the cause. However, if you still experience irregular periods, I would advise that you see your doctor for blood tests to rule out hormonal causes or nutritional deficiencies.  Depending on the results of the test, your doctor may also perform an ultrasound to rule out any anatomical causes.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.