Causes of Post Coital Bleed

Patient

Q: Hi there my name is pamela What it is, is everytime me and my partner do something sexual i start bleeding and it lasts for about 24 hours, i am also on the contreception jag Is this normal?

Doctor

A:   There could be multiple cause of post coital bleeding. Bleeding could be due to a cervical lesion, an infection of the cervix (cervicitis), polyp and bleeding from the lining of the uterus. Since you have had frequent symptoms of bleeding, I would advise that you see your OBGyn for a full workup. Until a work up has been done, I would suggest that bleeding after sex is not a symptom to be ignored.