Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Celluitis with burning and sweeling stinging pain

Celluitis with burning and sweeling stinging pain

Patient: I have burning, stinging, itching pain in my lower calf and foot. Itsweels twice normal size from foot to knee.

Symptoms: Burning itching stinging pain with red skin and sweeling

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”Such problem may arise due to local allergic reaction which g ch gets exaggerated with itching.This is called as atopic dermatitis or contact dermatitis.Sometimes skin disorders like eczema, pemphigus, lichen planus, fungal skin infections, mixed skin infection, psoriasis, myxoedema and certain metabolic disorders like hypothyroidism, diabetes can show a similar picture.Direct observation by Doctor can reveal the diagnosis.Treatment is avoiding use of clothes, materials, soaps, lotion and similar products which are causing local reactions.You are advised to moisturize yourself.Take lots of fluids and vitamins.Avoid harsh soap and avoid direct exposure to cold and hot weather.Use lot of homemade moisturizers. Avoid all other cosmetics.Take essential amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids.You are advised to consult your Doctor who shall examine you, carry out some allergy tests to find out the agents causing you itching and may suggest you anti allergic medicinesWish you a good health.